Streaming services are many. Cord-cutters are increasingly turning to the Roku player. Any smart TV with an HDMI connector can be used with this device. A Roku account and an internet connection are all you’ll need. Roku’s native compatibility for the Channel Store means that PlayStation Vue can be readily downloaded.
PlayStation Vue will allow users to view live TV programming on their PlayStation 4 devices. Without a PlayStation system, you may access over 85 channels, including on-demand TV, local news, live sports, and other content.
PlayStation Vue allows you to watch the high-definition video with minimal buffering. The DVR may save 28 days of limited episodes for the user. Even 10 profiles can benefit from a personalized DVR and recommendation system. Streaming entertainment on five devices at once is free of charge. Let’s take a look at how to activate PlayStation Vue on Roku.
Also Read- Fix HBO Max on Roku Not Working
- Install and Activate PlayStation Vue on Roku
- Activate PlayStation Vue on Roku
Install and Activate PlayStation Vue on Roku
Sony’s PlayStation Vue is the most notable of the available pay-per-view streaming services. PlayStation Vue can be accessed without a cable or satellite subscription. Streaming of live TV and movies is feasible with Roku’s integration.
Multi-profile support is a significant feature of PlayStation Vue. With this service, you can access on-demand content or buy individual premium channels. Users can also access other channels via an extra add-on subscription.
Setup PlayStation Vue on Roku
PlayStation Vue is now available for download through the Channel store. The following instructions will let you add PlayStation Vue to your Roku player.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- To access the Channel Store, scroll up or down to select Streaming Channels.
- Click on the search bar—type in PlayStation Vue.
- Choose Add Channel from the PlayStation Vue or Roku app information screen.
- To access PlayStation Vue, navigate to the main screen.
Steps to Install PlayStation Vue using the Roku Mobile app
You can add PlayStation Vue to your Android or iOS device using the Roku mobile app.
- You can install Roku Mobile on Android and iOS through Google Play and Apple’s App Stores.
- Log in to your Roku device using the Roku mobile app.
- Click on the Channels menu. Locate the PlayStation Vue app.
- Install PlayStation Vue on Roku by tapping on the Add Channel option.
- The PlayStation Vue app can now be accessed from the home screen of the Roku device.
Activate PlayStation Vue on Roku
You must activate your device to use PlayStation Vue on Roku for the first time. Continue reading for more information.
- Open Roku’s home page. Select PlayStation Vue at the bottom of the page.
- Your Roku streaming player will display an activation code. Write it down.
- Use your phone or laptop to access www.psvue.com/activateroku
- Log in to your PlayStation Vue account using your sign-in information.
- Roku PlayStation Vue can be activated by entering the code on the screen.
- The PlayStation Vue app will display media contents once the Roku screen gets refreshed.
How to Update PS Vue Roku Channel
It is important to update PlayStation Vue on Roku TV regularly to take advantage of the latest features.
- Select PlayStation Vue from the channels section. Click the * button.
- Use the Roku remote to press the Home button.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu. Select it.
- Select a system. Next, click System Update.
- Click on the Check Now button to manually check for PlayStation Vue updates.
Cancel PS Vue Subscription on Roku
Follow the steps below to cancel PlayStation Vue on Roku.
- Browsers can be used to access www.psvue.com/subscription.
- Log in to your PlayStation Network account.
- Select Vue subscription from the Subscription Summary page.
- Select Cancel Subscription from the Subscriptions menu. Click Yes to confirm cancellation.
- The cancellation survey must be completed. At last, click Cancel Subscription.
Features of PS Vue
PlayStation Vue’s useful and impressive features include;
- There are no hidden fees or additional charges for PlayStation Vue customers.
- CNN, FOX, AMC, and Cartoon Network are all supported.
- With the PlayStation Vue, anyone can easily use the interface.
- Up to ten profiles can be created, each with custom channels, DVR, and recommendations.
What are the chances of PlayStation Vue shutting down?
Indeed, PlayStation Vue will be shut down, according to a statement from Sony. The service will be shut down on the 30th of January, 2020. All platforms, including Roku, will no longer be able to access it.
The official PlayStation Vue notice also states that new subscribers are not being accepted. PlayStation Vue will be available to current subscribers until the service is shut down.
Can I cancel my PlayStation Vue subscription at any time?
You won’t be charged if you cancel your PlayStation Vue membership. Since you can cancel at any time, you can save money.
Does PlayStation Vue offer packages or add-ons?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. There will be an end to PS Vue soon. Customers will no longer be able to purchase additional packages or add-ons from the service.
Are our PlayStation Vue DVRs supported?
Indeed, the most attractive DVR feature is found on Sony PlayStation Vue. Users can record anything they want, including TV shows, movies, and other media, with no restrictions.
Does Roku offer a better alternative to PlayStation Vue?
Sling TV, Pluto TV, Philo, and other services, as well as live and on-demand content, are all available on Roku TV, as is Sling.
This article covered all you need to know about installing and activating PlayStation Vue on Roku. Streaming content from PlayStation Vue may be easily accessed on smart TVs connected to Roku.
You can watch live TV, news, and sports when you sign up for a free trial of PlayStation Vue, and you can also keep DVR recordings in the cloud.