There’s no need to be concerned about listening to Apple Music on your Roku. We’re here for you! This guide will show you how to stream your iTunes music library using your Roku.
You may stream videos and audio from the internet to your television with the Roku streaming device. The platform supports Netflix, Hulu, Discovery Plus, Amazon Music, Spotify, DirecTV, and many more channels.
But Apple Music, a specialized program for streaming music on Apple devices, isn’t supported by Roku. Despite this, you can still listen to and play your favorite tunes on your computer or mobile device.
This guide will show you how to play Apple Music on Roku, so keep reading to learn more!
Is There Any Way to Directly Stream Apple Music on Roku?
Apple Music isn’t offered as a standalone service on the Roku channel shop.
Aside from that, because the music files are in M4P format, you can’t listen to them on anything but an Apple device (which is not supported by Roku).
Even the iPhone software “Play on Roku” to stream Apple Music to your Roku device will not work.
This means you can’t listen to Apple Music via Roku. However, there is still hope!
You may stream music from Apple Music to your Roku device using an Apple Music converter.
Also Read- Best Roku Private Channels With Access Codes
Play Apple Music on Roku 2024
You must have an Apple device like the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to access music. Over 70 million songs can be streamed offline, and lyrics can be viewed and Airplayed.
However, Roku does not support Apple Music. Accessing Apple Music on Rok is feasible, but it requires some effort. There are a few options.
How to Play Apple Music on Roku with an Android
Android smartphones running Lollipop 5.0 or higher can use the Apple Music app. You can broadcast it to your Roku device using Miracast or screen mirroring. Here’s how it’s done:
- Visit the Google Play Store to find Apple Music. Download it.
- Open Apple Music. Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Slide down the notification panel to open notification panel.
- In the settings menu, locate the cast option. Turn it on by clicking it. You should also ensure that your Roku and Android devices are on the same network.
- You will now be able to screencast from nearby devices. Select your Roku device once it detects it.
- Once the app is launched on your device, you can listen to Apple Music.
- With Roku streaming devices, you can now listen to your favorite music tracks.
Play Apple Music on Roku with an iOS
To play Apple Music on Roku, you can mirror the screen of your iOS smartphone.
- Download Mirror for Roku from the Apple Store.
- Install Roku Mirror on your streaming device.
- Open the iOS app to launch it.
- Allow it to locate nearby devices. Choose your Roku device after it’s done.
- Grant permission to mirror. To begin, click Start Mirroring.
- Select Start Broadcast.
- Turn on Apple Music for your iOS device. Sign in using your Apple ID password.
- Select any song and play it. It will be available on your Roku device.
Screen Mirror Apple Music From PC
Laptops and desktop computers running Windows are an option as well. Screen mirroring Apple Music to a Roku via a PC is possible?
If you’re wondering whether or not you can screen mirror your PC or laptop to your Roku, the answer is – yes, you can. You’ll need to go through this precise procedure:
- Use the browser to open the music.apple.com website.
- Sign up using your Apple ID.
- Use the Windows + P key to access your computer/laptop keyboard.
- Select the Connect to wireless display option.
- Select your Roku device via the connect tab.
- You can now stream Apple Music from your computer and listen to it on Roku.
What Roku devices support Apple Music?
Apple Music is not supported directly by Roku devices. Any of the following devices, however, is required if using Airplay to stream Apple Music:
- Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810 or above)
- Roku Premiere (3920 or above)
- Roku Ultra (4640 or above)
- Roku Smart Soundbar
- Roku Streambar
- Roku TV (starting with A, C, and 7 codes)
This was all about How to Listen to Apple Music on Roku. These are some options for streaming Apple Music with your Roku device.
Using Spotify or Amazon Music on your Roku device is a good option if you want to enjoy music on your device. If you still have questions, you can ask in the comments.