Google Chrome has a built-in live caption function that will transcribe spoken English and show subtitles in real-time. From the media settings menu, we may change the color of the live caption chrome and make other aesthetic adjustments. Through the accessibility options in Chrome’s advanced settings, we can disable Live Caption.
Chrome’s built-in live captioning tool will transcribe the English dialogue into text. Many Chrome users turn on the live captioning feature to better understand the subtitles. This guide will assist you to turn off live captions in Chrome if you have previously activated them.
What is Live Caption?
Google has a function called “live caption” that instantly transcribes sounds. You can mute the video or audio and still read the transcript. It debuted in the Android 10 operating system. This feature ultimately found its way into Google Chrome. Google has released a video demonstrating its capabilities.
How to Turn off Live Caption in Google Chrome
We’ll be covering how to disable real-time subtitles in Chrome here.
Disabling Live Captions
Chrome’s accessibility settings are where you’ll go to turn off real-time subtitles. To accomplish this, please refer to the instructions below:
- Click on the three ellipses at the top right corner of the Chrome browser.
- From the menu that opens up, click on the Settings option.
- Here, head to the Advanced tab and the Accessibility section.
- You will find the Live Caption toggle here.
- Turn it off, and you will have successfully disabled live captions in Chrome.
Customize Chrome Live Caption
Instead of completely turning off Chrome’s live caption, you can modify it to better suit your needs. Steps for configuring Chrome’s live caption are provided below.
- Open Chrome on your browser and click on the Three ellipses on the top right corner of the application window.
- Now in the menu that opens up, click on the Settings option.
- Head to the Advanced tab.
- Next, scroll down to the Accessibility section.
- Here, click on the Caption preferences option.
- You will be able to customize the live captions now. You can change the background color, transparency, and much more.
Chrome’s real-time captioning can be turned off in this manner. By adhering to the procedures above, you can disable and modify the live captions in Chrome.