Messages can’t be deleted or removed while they’re in an archive. Facebook Messenger stores your messages so you may access them at any time. When you archive a discussion in Messenger, what exactly does that mean?
To archive is to remove messages from active conversations. When you archive a discussion, it disappears from the main list of conversations until you choose to bring it back up. This ensures the confidentiality of the message log. Let’s figure out how to view archived messages on messenger.
How to View Archived Messages on Messenger?
You can access your saved conversations in Facebook Messenger on your computer, iOS device, or Android phone by following the steps outlined in each section below.
1. View Archived Messages on the Desktop
Keep reading to learn how to view archived messages on desktop: If you have a computer running Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux, you can access Facebook by going to their website.
Also Read- Best WiFi Texting Apps For Android and iOS
- After logging in, you can find the ‘Messenger’ icon in the top-right corner.
- Now, at the bottom of the messenger, you can find the option ‘See All in Messenger.’ Click on it.
- Now, you are navigated to the new messenger page. Click on the three dots on the top and select the ‘Archived Chats’ option.
- You will be able to find the list of archived chats in the past. You can click each of them and go through the previous messages.
2. View Archived Messages on Android and iPhone
- Firstly, open the messenger application on your Android phone.
- Now, in the top-left corner, you can find your profile icon.
- Scroll down to find the option ‘Archived Chats’ section.
- Now, tap on each of the chats and read your previous conversations.
3. How to Delete Archived Messages from Messenger
To restore a previously archived conversation, simply tap on it and start a new conversation with the individual involved. On the other hand, below are some alternate options to consider:
- Firstly, open the messenger app and click on the top-left corner of your profile.
- Click on the ‘Archived Chats’ and open the conversations you want to delete from the archives.
- To unarchive it, swipe left-to-right over the conversation and then tap on the ‘More’ option to unarchive it. In the case of an Android phone, holding the conversation and then clicking on the ‘Delete’ option is recommended.
Using the procedures above, you can save Facebook Messenger conversations for later reference. You can unarchive the messages by tapping them and then sending a new message. The thread of discussion is retrieved directly from the discussion archives.