DirecTV is a direct broadcast satellite service that allows members to watch their favorite shows and is a terrific alternative to cable TV. There are various competitive channel packages available to consumers of the AT&T subsidiary.
Even though this is a rock-solid foundation, problems can arise. Our latest troubleshooting series will address the DirecTV error code 775.
Use this form to contact us if you have problems with your computer or Android device. We’re here to help you with any issues you may be having with your gadget. We are providing this as a free service with no conditions attached.
Please be as specific as possible while contacting us so we can provide you with the best solution.
How to Fix Error Code 775 on DirecTV
An error code 775 means that the picture on the television screen is frozen, pixilated, or not present when a DIRECTV customer sees the code.
The good news is that you can do a few things on your own to try to fix direct error code 775 and get back to watching TV again. Here are a few of the best ways to deal with this issue:
1. Check on your Swim Power Inserter
Most DIRECTV customers also have an inserter for the Swim, a satellite dish, and a DIRECTV receiver.
These inserters have to be connected to an electrical outlet to complete their work and are linked to the cables that connect DIRECTV satellite dishes which is why you’ll want to search for the one you need.
The power source for your Swim may not be in the same space that you have the DIRECTV receiver. So make sure to look for it in each room. If you own a Swim-powered inserter, be sure it’s plugged into a wall outlet and is turned on and operating.
If your power injector has already started functioning, power cycles can remove error code 775. To run a power cycle on your Swim power inserter, you’ll need to:
- Disconnect the Swim power inserter from the power outlet.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Connect the Swim Power Inserter to the power outlet, and then make sure it’s switched on and operating.
- Check that everything is connected, turn on the TV, and check whether the issue is fixed.
2. Check for any Loose Connections
One of the most common reasons for this is an unreliable cable connection on the device.
- Find in the middle of the DirecTV receiver.
- Examine each connection to the front for loose or adequately connected connections. Verify connections to the Satellite In or SAT IN connection.
- Ensure each connection to the reverse of the DIRECTV receiver is secured and properly situated.
- Turn your television back on.
Examine to see if you can determine if the DirecTV error code 775 problem is still present.
3. Wait out Natural Disturbances
DirecTV error code 775 can be caused by natural occurrences like heavy rain or a solar storm. If a DirectTV signal problem develops during a natural disaster, the best course of action is to wait for the signal to return on its own.
4. Call Technical Support
- Contact your service provider if none of the above options work. Your DirecTV subscription may be at risk.
- DirecTV or satellite dish issues, such as frayed wiring, defective hardware, or software, may also be to blame. Contact your DirecTV provider or dial 1-800-531-5000 for assistance in such cases.
We’re confident that your issue has been resolved by now, and you’re reading the conclusion with a sense of relief.
As long as the DirecTV Error Code 775 persists and you’re determined to get it fixed, you’ll need to reread this page.
You should now be able to watch your favorite show without worrying about the DirecTV error code 775 is displayed.