Sony created the superb gaming console known as PlayStation 4. Users can access a wide range of music listening options with Apple Music.
But not everyone with an Apple device knows that a PS4 can access Apple Music. So this is the solution, whether you want to use Apple Music’s features on your PS4 or just listen to your favorite music while gaming.
You may listen to all of your favorite music while gaming if you follow the instructions in our blog post on how to play Apple Music on the PS4.
Also Read- How to Play Apple Music on Roku
Why Can’t We Play Apple Music on PS4?
Before moving on to the two techniques, we must determine why the PS4 cannot play Apple Music.
This is because Playstation 4 only supports the music formats MP3, AAC, FLAC, and M4A. However, every music you download from Apple Music is encoded in the secured M4P format. This means you won’t be able to use it the way you would with PS4’s standard files.
As a result, you can either convert Apple Music to regular audio or use DLNA to play Apple Music on a PS4. It is more typical to convert Apple Music music from protected M4P to MP3 or AAC files using third-party Apple Music conversion programs.
Here is a guide on how to apply the converting technique for Apple Music on PS4.
Also Read- Best Offline Music Apps for Android
PS4 Apple Music Via USB: How To Get It?
Even though the PlayStation Store does not have the Apple Music app, you may still listen to it via a music converter. You may play Apple Music on any device by converting it to MP3, AAC, FLAC, or M4A using ViWizard’s Apple Music Converter.
This Apple Music converter allows you to convert protected M4P files to MP3, AAC, FLAC, or M4A with lossless quality and retained ID3 tags. You may convert your Apple Music tracks at a 30X faster rate, which will help you save a lot of time.
Additionally, ViWizard can convert audiobooks from Audible, iTunes, and other sources. If you listen to audiobooks, ensure you don’t overlook this converter.
Viwizard Apple Music Converter: How To Convert Apple Music To PS4?
Apple Music is additionally available for PS4 through USB. The steps you must take are as follows:
- First, launch ViWizard from a trusted source and add Apple Music files. After downloading, install and run the converter on your computer.
- Then you will see the interface below. Click Add Files from the top left corner or simply drag & drop your favorite Apple Music songs to the converter.
- Click on the Magic Wand icon to change volume, speed, and pitch settings.
- Once the changes are complete. To save the settings, click the OK button.
- In the Tags tab, select the edit icon. You can edit album metadata and art using this window and save your changes by clicking the Ok button.
- Within the Viwizard windows application, click the format area.
- Select the format you wish to convert in the popup window and click OK.
- Start converting the files to the desired format by clicking the Convert button on the bottom right.
- Wait until the progress indicator fills up completely.
- The conversion is complete once the progress bar shows. From the app’s top middle section, open the converted icon.
- Connect a USB Pendrive to your computer.
- Copy Apple Music songs to the USB drive and create a Music folder so the PS4 system can detect them properly.
- Once the USB has been transferred, you can safely remove it from your computer.
- Connect the USB drive to one of the PS4’s USB ports. In the PS4 content area, select the Library icon.
- USB sticks connected to the computer will automatically be detected and shown.
- Click on the USB Music Player button on the PS4 home screen.
- Now, Enjoy your favorite Apple Music songs on USB Music Player.
Also Read- Best Music Torrent Sites
How To Connect Apple Music To PS4 Via DLNA?
The next tutorial will show you how to stream Apple Music to a PS4 via a DLNA server if that is what you wish to do.
- First, go to the PS4 home screen and highlight the Playstation Store icon.
- Then, in the search bar at the top of the screen, type in Media Player and select the Media Player app from the results list.
- Now, Download the Media Player app by clicking on the Download button.
- When the progress bar fills up, it means the download is complete.
- After the download is complete, you will see the progress bar turn into a Start button, so select it.
- Start Media Player on PS4, and wait for it to detect your phone via DLNA.
- Download and open the app iMediaShare from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Wait a few seconds. An iMediaShare splash screen would appear and the app would freeze. Meanwhile, it tries to connect the DLNA network to the PS4’s Media Player app.
- The Media Player app on PS4 can detect and load DLNA devices once the iMediaShare app sets up a DLNA network.
- Press the button on the controller to select iMediaShare Personal (iPhone).
- Select the Music folder in the iMediaShare Personal (iPhone) folder, then press the controller button to view the MP3s within.
When the connection is complete, you can stream your favorite playlist.
You may broadcast Apple Music to PS4 without any limitations, thanks to DLNA. The techniques above can also be used to play different audio and video file types on a PS4.
If your internet connection is poor, the streaming won’t be seamless. You can play Apple Music offline on the PS4 via the USB connection of ViWizard Audio Converter without using the internet. Contact us at any time if you have any questions.