The Steam Deck, which can be purchased at $399, is one of the best portable game systems ever made. Despite several flaws, it offers superior technology to the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation Vita.
Incredibly, such a compact computer can run Steam titles, which seems almost miraculous. However, it also has various shortcomings that may become a source of irritation.
Many players have recently complained that the desktop version of Steam Deck is broken for unknown reasons. While the root cause of this problem remains unknown, we have various workarounds. If you encounter this, use the solutions below to get Steam Deck’s desktop mode back up and running.
How To Fix Steam Deck Desktop Mode Not Working
While Steam Deck is a game-changer in this universe, problems like this must be addressed head-on.
Consequently, if you’re having trouble with Steam Deck’s desktop mode, which is likely caused by a connection problem, try some of the solutions we’ve provided below.
1. Force Reboot Steam Deck
Try rebooting the console if you’re having trouble with Steam Deck’s desktop mode not connecting or working. Here are the measures that must be taken:
- The first step is to press and hold the Power button for 12 seconds.
- After you have turned off the console, press the power button again.
- It is now possible to connect to the internet through Steam Deck, which will allow your games to download more quickly.
- You need to ensure that no other software is running on the console after it has been restarted.
- You can move on to the next solution if the Steam Deck desktop mode continues not to work or disconnects.
Also Read- Best Puzzle Games For Android and iPhone (iOS)
2. Update Your Firmware
Problems with Steam Deck not working in desktop mode could result from an antiquated version of the program, which could create a slowdown of the device.
If you want Steam Deck to work more quickly, you should update your device’s firmware. How to update the firmware on your router:
- Initially, press the Steam button.
- Then, go to Settings.
- Now, select the System tab.
- Then, hit the Check For Updates button.
- Once done, hit the Restart button to make your desktop mode work again.
3. Change Channel on Your Router
Steam Deck desktop users have reported that changing the router channel fixes connectivity and reliability difficulties.
If your wireless devices and router are in a frequency band competition, this procedure may help enhance your wireless performance.
Also Read- Best Tennis Games For Android and iOS
Here are some pointers on how to switch your router’s channel:
- Go to the router page in your web browser.
- You can change your router’s channel by selecting the appropriate wireless band (3GHz or 5GHz).
- Select your preferred frequency from the Wireless Settings menu.
- In the Channel option, you will see a drop-down menu.
- To create a new channel, select Save.
- Try again to see if the Steam Deck WiFi doesn’t work or if the disconnecting issue has been resolved.
If you’re still having trouble connecting in desktop mode, you can try switching to a different channel or sticking with the default.
4. Contact Steam Deck
If the disconnect problem persists after trying the solutions above and forcing a reboot, you should contact Steam Deck and request a console repair.
Therefore, if Steam Deck’s desktop mode is malfunctioning, you now know how to fix it. You can launch System Monitor, navigate to the Steam process you wish to terminate, right-click, and choose to Send Signal > Kill. You can switch back to Steam’s desktop mode by launching the program again.