Read Receipts are a feature available on most social networking sites and instant messaging apps. Read Receipts is a feature that indicates which messages have been read by adding a checkbox next to them.
Instagram is one app that does this automatically when you send a message to someone. Read receipts are sent to you when the person you’ve messaged opens the chat and sees your message.
Get a confirmation that your communication was read with read receipts. Read receipts are sent to pals when you open their messages in a discussion. Though it is necessary, many Instagram users prefer to disable this option.
Turn Off Read Receipts on Instagram
There are a few different factors to consider while deciding whether or not to disable Instagram read receipts. It could be because they value their privacy or don’t want the sender to know they have read the communication.
You should turn off Instagram read receipts if you are the intended recipient and do not wish to receive them. Instagram doesn’t have a built-in option to disable the read receipt, but a few workarounds can be used instead.
Turn off Instagram Message Notification
To begin, make sure Instagram Message Notifications are disabled in your settings. This is because approving a notice from Instagram automatically marks the message as read. Read on to learn how to disable Instagram Direct Notifications.
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
- Next, on the profile page, tap on the hamburger menu in the top-right corner of the screen
- On the list of options that appears, tap on Settings.
- Next, on the Settings screen, scroll down and tap on Notifications.
- Now, under Notifications, tap on Messages and calls.
- Select Off for both Message Requests and Messages.
All done! By doing so, all future alerts from Instagram Messages will be disabled.
Turn On Airplane Mode and Read the Messages
You may still see your Instagram messages even when your phone is in Airplane mode, so long as you haven’t disabled the notifications. The secret is to turn on Airplane Mode before opening the chat in which the message was received.
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the Messenger symbol in the top-right corner.
- This will open Instagram’s Direct Inbox. Don’t open the messages now.
- Pull down the notification shutter and enable the Airplane mode. Also, make sure the WiFi is turned off
- Now open the Instagram app and read your messages. After reading your messages, return to your profile page. It’s recommended to force-stop Instagram or log out of your account before disabling the Airplane mode.
- After disabling the Airplane mode, you can start using Instagram.
All done! Here’s how to sneak a peek at your Instagram DMs without triggering read receipts.
This is a tutorial on how to disable Instagram read receipts. You can view messages sent to you while in Airplane mode if you don’t want the sender to know you’ve seen them. Leave a comment if you need further assistance turning off read receipts.