You can turn on weather alerts for your iPhone to receive notifications about snow and rain. This will allow you to plan and prepare for any adverse weather conditions.
Negative weather conditions such as sudden rain or snowfall can ruin your mood and cause you to feel miserable. A simple weather check, or notification that there is a high chance of rain pouring down, can help you plan your trip or give you enough time to prepare for it.
Most of us don’t have the time or inclination to check the weather forecast before going. Your iPhone can provide timely updates via weather alerts, which will help you be more organized and efficient in your day.
It is very easy to turn on weather alerts for your iPhone. It is a two-part process. First, enable the Weather app to pinpoint your location. Then, allow notifications for the weather alert through the Weather app.
Also Read- How to Trust an App on iPhone
Allow Precise Location Access to Weather App from Settings
Your iPhone will give you weather alerts for your location. To receive weather alerts pertaining only to your specific location, you must enable the exact location. You will also need the Weather app to have continuous access to your location.
- First, open the Settings app from your home screen or the app library.
- Next, scroll down from the “Settings” screen to locate the “Privacy” tile and tap it to continue.
- Next, tap the Location Services tile to continue.
- Scroll down and tap the tile ‘Weather’ to go to the next screen.
- Tap the “Always” option under the “Allow Location Access” section to allow unrestricted access.
- Next, find the ‘Precise location’ tile on the screen and tap the switch at the right edge to turn it on. This will allow the Weather app to pinpoint your location.
- Now that you’ve enabled the exact location of the Weather app and given unrestricted access, it is time to allow notifications from the Weather App to receive them promptly.
Allow Notifications from Weather App
After you have granted the location services to the Weather app, you will need to enable notifications from the Weather app to receive Weather alerts on your iPhone.
- You can access the Weather app from your home screen or the app library.
- To open an overflow menu, tap the ellipsis (three horizontal dots icon) on the screen of the Weather app.
- Click on the “Notifications” option in the overflow menu. This will open an overlay window on your screen.
- Tap on the “Allow Notifications” button at the bottom of the screen. This will display an overlay alert on your screen.
- Next, tap the “Allow” button in the alert to allow the Weather app to send you notifications.
- On the next screen, locate the “My location” tile. Ensure that the toggle switch at the tiles far-right is set to ‘On.’ To bring the toggle switch to the ‘On” position, tap on it.
There you go, people, be enabling weather alerts on your iPhone. You can receive timely updates regarding snow or rain and be prepped enough for adverse weather conditions in your area.